The Double Cape - Chicken Coop for 12+ hens
Based off our most popular and economical model “The Cape” - "The DOUBLE Cape" is an economical and well-designed coop for large flocks that was designed and added to our offerings in 2020.
The roof line creates more interior volume than our other coops on stands. Combined with the double length, this creates a space that's more versatile and can house 12-24 hens. The people access door puts feed and water all in your reach, and either can be used as a clean-out door to allow you to either rake out the coop into a wheel barrow, or directly into a compost pile off to the side!
We made a sturdy, secure, and easy to maintain building that can be customized to your needs. You can add on one of our framed runs or build your own (building your own is what most customers do to save money).
- Watch this video for an overview of the features
- Nesting boxes with a drop-down door for gathering eggs and adding bedding
- One level of roosts with a ladders for the hens to go up at night.
- Large door swings out of the way so you can fully clean the floor of the coop, add bedding and change food & water in the coop.
- Hooks & Chains hang for feeder and waterer. This keeps them off the floor of the coop and free of droppings as they roost.
- It comes standard with an open scuttle hole; however a door can be in its place. We recommend an open scuttle since it allows cool fresh air in.
- It is about 6' wide, 8' long and 5' high (plus the 2' height of the stand for a total height of about 7').
- Up to 24 chickens is a reasonable number for this sized coop, 20 is probably ideal.
- You would place this at your home and either free range your flock or build them a fenced in run.
- We build it on a 2' tall PT stand to bring it up to a more comfortable working height for you.
Local Delivery is also available for $100 and a rate of $1.75/mile from 06415.
You can purchase it on our site and then pay delivery charges later. As well, we will accept a deposit of half the cost to get started, with full payment upon completion of the coop. Feel free to contact us to arrange a deposit.
Pictures may show temporary "shipping wheels". We use these to move them around our building yard and for loading. We take these off unless you'd like to purchase them for an additional fee per wheel.
It tends to take us between a week to a month to build each order. Winter snows can delay completion until it melts.