Tri Gabled Chicken Coop
We made a sturdy, secure, and easy to maintain building that can be customized to your needs. You can add on one of our framed runs or build your own to save money.
Note: some pictures show a 2-gabled version of this coop. About half of our customers choose this option to save some money. In general, we charge $80 less for the 2-gabled version...just use the discount code "2gables" when you order and it will automatically take $80 off for this modification.
- Watch this video for an overview of the features of the inside of the coop: https://youtu.be/KSTCB56xL1M
- Removable Nesting area, roosts, and ladders allow you to fully clean the coop. See the embedded video to see a walkthrough of the inside of this coop.
- Large door swings out of the way so you can fully clean the floor of the coop, add bedding and change food & water in the coop. It also gives you access to the nesting shelf to collect eggs. Note: some pictures show am earlier model with a split door.
- Hooks for feeder and waterer are under the nesting area. This keeps them off the floor of the coop and free of droppings as they roost above.
- One ladder leads birds up into the nesting/roost area. Another ladder is used to help the birds in and out of the coop.
- It comes standard with an open scuttle hole; however a door can be in its place. We recommend an open scuttle since it allows cool fresh air in.
- The standard design is about 4' wide, 6' long and 6' high (because it's on a 2' stand). Up to 10 chickens is a reasonable number for this coop size however 6/8 is ideal.
- As pictured, a 2' tall PT stand is used to bring it up to a more comfortable height for you. A second ladder is added so the flock can enter a run or free range.
- Wheels in pictures are not included. Some were added for delivery, some were custom “tractor” orders.
- The Runs in the pictures are not included but can be added onto the coop to create a ready-to-go package as pictured.
Local Delivery is also available for $100 and a rate of $1.75/mile from 06415.
You can purchase it on our site and then pay delivery charges later. As well we will accept a deposit of half the cost to get started, with full payment upon completion of the coop. Feel free to contact us to arrange a deposit.
Pictures may show temporary "shipping wheels". We use these to move them around our building yard and for loading. We take these off unless you'd like to purchase them for an additional fee per wheel.
It tends to take us between a week to a month to build each order. Winter snows can delay completion until it melts.