V-Shaped Nesting Shelf - Barn Swallows, American Robbins, Phoebes, and Finches
Note: most of these are sold locally and are picked up by appointment. However, we now can ship these to the lower 48 states!
Our wildlife houses are constructed with care and an attention to details from locally sourced 1" rough-cut pine. We pre-drill and use exterior screws to create secure structures that will take a beating in the harsh New England winds. They are built with both functionality for the owner and the specific needs of the animal.
We believe our houses should be inviting to the birds and help protect them from the elements and predators. We let our houses weather with time, like the trees around them. We don't use chemically treated woods products unless requested by the customer.
We know you'll want to check in on the birds before, during, and after they have used the nest box. We make sure each box is easy to open, inspect and clean.
- This is one of the easiest things to install and observe. Simply screw these in under an overhanging roof or large limb of a tree. Inside barns, these can be hung off the horizontal beams to attract barn swallows. Placing them under the eaves of a porch, barn, shed, or house will attract robins, finches and phoebes.
- Pre-drilled and screws included for wall mounting.
- Constructed with 1" rough cut pine and exterior grade screws.
- Unfinished surface meant to naturally weather grey. The owner may paint or stain the house's exterior a natural color or one to match the exterior of a building.
- Roughly 8" tall, 8" wide, and 8" deep
- The v-shape and foot board help secure the nesting material as it's intitially being formed by the birds.
Location and Installation Guidelines
- Place the box under the eaves of a porch, house, barn, or shed, or even under the protection of a large limb.
- Height: Just below the eaves, no lower than eye-level.
- Mounting: screw directly to the surface.
- Nesting materials: none needed
How do I get my order?
We'd be happy for you to visit the farm to pick up your bird house order. After you order, we'll contact you to schedule a visit.
At this time, we like the personal contact with each customer. We can answer questions about placement and installation. As well, many of these (especially orders of several houses) are too heavy to ship.
However, if you want a shipping quote or you are in CT, MA, or RI we can deliver larger orders for a fee of $40, and possibly free depending on the size of your order. Please contact us with any questions.