Get Your Grove On! Growing Front Yard Fruit Trees, Grape Vines, & Berries - Intensive Online Class
NEW in 2021!
Our classes are on sale from $45+ per class, now just $29.99!
There are 2 ways to enjoy our classes...
You can register through Zoom to join the class live & have access to the recording(s) & materials after class. Just click on the registration link and register/checkout in Zoom.
You can purchase the pre-recorded class and watch it on-demand. This is the most flexible option. If you want this, add it to cart, check out and we will email you all of the materials and video(s) for the class!
How do I register for this class?
When: Feb 5, 2022 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Get Your Grove On! Growing Front Yard Fruit Trees, Grape Vines, & Berries - Intensive Online Class
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class IS available on-demand! You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials!
What will I learn in the Workshop?
We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, Mark will email you more information to get you going and continue your learning.
These materials will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality. If there was a presentation or handout for the class, you'll also receive those. You can also reply back with questions and Mark will try his best to be your remote learning mentor and point you in the right direction.
- Participate in a walk-through of our 1 acre front-yard orchard. It is one model of a food forrest. There are about 40 fruit and nut trees that establish the upper canopy, while under and between the trees are plated 10+ grapes vines, 12+ varieties of berries, rhubarb, asparagus, herbs, flowers, and veggies.
- Design considerations for 1/4 to 1 to 5+ acres
- Plan harvests according to your availability. Some like to harvest at certain times of the year or maximize time by coordinating fruiting all at one time or have a continuous harvest throughout spring, summer, and fall.
- Selection of varieties that fit your scale, tastes, use in the kitchen, etc
- Where you can go to get quality plants. We've worked with dozens of nurseries around the country and have found some that have excellent products, prices, and will replace dead plants (even if it was your fault).
- Revise your design & add layers under your trees to add berries and vines
- How to prepare and plant your trees, vines, and berries so they survive during the first hot summer and freezing winter.
- Learn the basics of pruning & training trees, canes, and vines.
- You will leave with ideas to plant this year for the first time or ideas to add onto your existing landscape/orchard/garden