Beginner Beekeeping - Intensive Online Workshop
NEW in 2022!
Our classes are on sale from $45 per class, now just $29.99!
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class IS available on-demand! You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials!
What will I learn in the Workshop?
We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but it's easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, Mark will email you more information to get you going and continue your learning.
These materials will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality. If there was a presentation or handout for the class, you'll also receive those. You can also reply back with questions and Mark will try his best to be your remote learning mentor and point you in the right direction.
In this class you'll learn about...
- Three types of hives, their pros/cons/basic management: Langstroth, Top Bar, and Warre
- Lifecycle, instincts, and basic needs of the hive
- What to expect within the first year
- Basic tools and equipment we recommend
- Real costs involved
- Real time involved
- How to source & install your first bees
- Books recommendations for further learning
- No live bees are part of the workshop but you'll have the opportunity to handle real honey comb, see queen cells/brood/honey/pollen to help you get an idea of what you'll look for during your inspections.