Homemade Sourdough Bread - Intensive Online Class
NEW in 2022!
Our classes are on sale from $45 per class, now just $29.99!
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class IS available on-demand! You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials!
What will I learn in the Workshop?
- Overall, we will focus on demonstrating all of the key steps in making sourdough bread from scratch.
- If supplies are abundant, we hope to give everyone a free sourdough mother to take home, feed, grow, and make your own sourdough bread (only for in-person classes)
- Quick check-ins to monitor and "feed" the mother
- How to isolate and make your own mother from the natural yeasts in your environment & how to source a mother locally.
- Standards of cleanliness: what details to pay attention to so you avoid spoilage or food poisoning
- Absolute basic kitchen equipment - focussing on what you likely have already, but also introducing you to helpful/specialty/necessary items
- Key ingredients and their roles in creating sourdough
- Take-away recipes & links to resources
John Woitovich, of Cross-Sound Farm, will be teaching this workshop. John is our local expert in sustainable, ethical homestead meat production & homestead cooking skills. He is a middle school teacher who runs a family farm on his 2 acre homestead in Deep River, CT.