Extend Your Growing Season (Even into the Winter!) - 90 min Intensive Workshop
SELECT THE DATE YOU WISH TO ATTEND, SELECT THE QUANTITY, ADD IT TO YOUR CART, & CHECKOUT TO RESERVE YOUR SEATS.
AKA: 4-Season Gardening & Harvesting Year-Round (The name was changed)
What will I learn in the workshop?
This is a pretty unique workshop! It seems no one has classes on the topic of season extension for home gardeners. There are a lot of resources on line, however, local timing within the seasons is everything. We will share with you our method of timing our plantings, crop protections, and harvesting veggies and herbs ALL YEAR LONG!
This is designed to be a hands-on workshop. You'll get to pick up tools and materials, ask questions, and see the entire process. We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
- Winter is coming - This workshop is primarily focused on the cool, cold, and freezing seasons of Fall, Winter, and Spring; helping you extend the growing season just past your comfort zone.
- Cold-Hardy Veggies - knowing the types of veggies & herbs that do well in freezing and sub-freezing temperatures
- Summer planting for Fall harvest, Fall planting for Winter and Spring harvest, Winter planting for Spring harvest
- Succession Planting - knowing that you should plant a crop multiple times and when you should start and end planting
- Protecting your plants as they grow - using row covers, cold frames, home-made greenhouses, hot beds, cloches, poly-tunnels and more.
- Easy, moderate, and advanced crops to grow into fall & winter
- How & when to harvest greens in freezing weather.
- How to leave root crops in the garden when the ground is frozen
- Coming out of winter - The earliest crops to plant outdoors & when to plant them so you have early spring veggies
DATES & TIMES
Saturday - August 11th 2018 - 9:00AM to 10:30AM - Extend Your Growing Season (Even into the Winter!),
Saturday - August 10th 2019 - 9:00AM to 10:30AM - Extend Your Growing Season (Even into the Winter!),
OTHER NOTES ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS
We ask that you pay for each person attending and pay in full at the time of reservation/purchase.
There are 16-20 seats available for each workshop.
If the date you'd like to attend is full or the dates don't work, you may contact us to see if we can schedule another date for you. If you are part of group of friends who would like to have a private lesson, contact us. We may be able to come to your location.
Because you are paying for a seat at the class, we hope you understand that we only refund your purchase if a class is canceled by us. If the class is postponed to another day, or the time of day is changed, we will do our best to let you know in advance. If for some reason you cannot attend, let us know, we will not refund your money, but we may be able to offer you an alternative date, apply your tuition toward a product we make, or help you in another way. We are reasonable people and expect that reasonable people are attending these classes. Do not purchase from us if you are an unreasonable person.