Homemade Sourdough Bread - Intensive Online Class
NEW in 2021!
Our classes are on sale from $45+ per class, now just $29.99!
You can purchase the pre-recorded class and watch it on-demand. This is the most flexible option. If you want this, add it to cart, check out and we will email you all of the materials and video(s) for the class!
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class is now available! Just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials.
What will I learn in the Workshop?
- Overall, we will focus on demonstrating all of the key steps in making sourdough bread from scratch.
- If supplies are abundant, we hope to give everyone a free sourdough mother to take home, feed, grow, and make your own sourdough bread (only for in-person classes)
- Quick check-ins to monitor and "feed" the mother
- How to isolate and make your own mother from the natural yeasts in your environment & how to source a mother locally.
- Standards of cleanliness: what details to pay attention to so you avoid spoilage or food poisoning
- Absolute basic kitchen equipment - focussing on what you likely have already, but also introducing you to helpful/specialty/necessary items
- Key ingredients and their roles in creating sourdough
- Take-away recipes & links to resources
John Woitovich, of Cross-Sound Farm, will be teaching this workshop. John is our local expert in sustainable, ethical homestead meat production & homestead cooking skills. He is a middle school teacher who runs a family farm on his 2 acre homestead in Deep River, CT.