Homemade Sourdough Bread - Intensive Online Class
NEW in 2021!
Our classes are on sale from $45+ per class, now just $29.99!
There are 2 ways to enjoy our classes...
You can register through Zoom to join the class live & have access to the recording(s) & materials after class. Just click on the registration link and register/checkout in Zoom.
You can purchase the pre-recorded class and watch it on-demand. This is the most flexible option. If you want this, add it to cart, check out and we will email you all of the materials and video(s) for the class!
How do I register for this class?
When: Mar 6, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Homemade Sourdough Bread - Intensive Online Class
Register in advance for this webinar:
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class is available on-demand after March 6th. You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials once they are available.
What will I learn in the Workshop?
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while we present. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and we can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, we will email you more information to get you going and continue your learning.
These materials will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality. If there was a presentation or handout for the class, you'll also receive those. You can also reply back with questions and we will try our best to be your remote learning mentor and point you in the right direction.
This is designed to be a demonstration workshop. You'll get to pick up tools and materials, ask questions, and see the entire process.
- Overall, we will focus on demonstrating all of the key steps in making sourdough bread from scratch.
- If supplies are abundant, we hope to give everyone a free sourdough mother to take home, feed, grow, and make your own sourdough bread (only for in-person classes)
- Quick check-ins to monitor and "feed" the mother
- How to isolate and make your own mother from the natural yeasts in your environment & how to source a mother locally.
- Standards of cleanliness: what details to pay attention to so you avoid spoilage or food poisoning
- Absolute basic kitchen equipment - focussing on what you likely have already, but also introducing you to helpful/specialty/necessary items
- Key ingredients and their roles in creating sourdough
- Take-away recipes & links to resources
John Woitovich, of Cross-Sound Farm, will be teaching this workshop. John is our local expert in sustainable, ethical homestead meat production & homestead cooking skills. He is a middle school teacher who runs a family farm on his 2 acre homestead in Deep River, CT.