Homemade Sourdough Bread - 90 Min Intensive Workshop
Select the date you wish to attend, select the quantity, add it to your cart, & checkout to reserve your seats.
What will I learn in the Workshop?
This is designed to be a demonstration workshop. You'll get to pick up tools and materials, ask questions, and see the entire process.
- Overall, we will focus on demonstrating all of the key steps in making sourdough bread from scratch.
- If supplies are abundant, we hope to give everyone a free sourdough mother to take home, feed, grow, and make your own sourdough bread
- Quick check-ins to monitor and "feed" the mother
- How to isolate and make your own mother from the natural yeasts in your environment
- Standards of cleanliness: what details to pay attention to so you avoid spoilage or food poisoning
- Absolute basic kitchen equipment - focussing on what you likely have already, but also introducing you to helpful/specialty/necessary items
- Key ingredients and their roles in creating sourdough
- Take-away recipes & links to resources
Dates & Times
John Woitovich, of Cross-Sound Farm, will be teaching this workshop. John is our local expert in sustainable, ethical homestead meat production & homestead cooking skills. He is a middle school teacher who runs a family farm on his 2 acre homestead in Deep River, CT.
Other Notes About Our Workshops
We ask that you pay for each person attending and pay in full at the time of reservation/purchase.
There are about 12 seats available for each kitchen workshop.
If the date you'd like to attend is full or the dates don't work, you may contact us to see if we can schedule another date for you. If you are part of group of friends who would like to have a private lesson, contact us. We may be able to come to your location.
Because you are paying for a seat at the class, we hope you understand that we only refund your purchase if a class is canceled by us. If the class is postponed to another day, or the time of day is changed, we will do our best to let you know in advance. If for some reason you cannot attend, let us know, we will not refund your money, but we may be able to offer you an alternative date, apply your tuition toward a product we make, or help you in another way. We are reasonable people and expect that reasonable people are attending these classes. Do not purchase from us if you are an unreasonable person.