Tri Gabled Chicken Coop or Tractor
We made a sturdy, secure, and easy to maintain building that can be customized to your needs. You may purchase just the coop on blocks, coop on a stand (standard), coop on a fenced in run with an access door, or for ultimate portability and happiness of you flock you can make the whole structure into a portable chicken tractor on wheels.
Note: some pictures show a 2-gabled version of this coop. About half of our customers choose this option to save some money. In general, we charge $80 less for the 2-gabled version...just use the discount code "2gables" when you order and it will automatically take $80 off for this modification.
- Removable Nesting area, roosts, and ladders allow you to fully clean the coop
- Large door swings out of the way so you can fully clean the floor of the coop, add bedding and change food & water in the coop. It also gives you access to the nesting shelf to collect eggs.
- Hooks for feeder and waterer are under the nesting area. This keeps them off the floor of the coop and free of droppings as they roost above.
- One ladder leads birds up into the nesting/roost area. Another ladder is used to help the birds in and out of the coop.
- It comes standard with an open scuttle hole; however a door can be in its place. We recommend an open scuttle since it allows cool fresh air in.
- The standard design is about 4' wide, 6' long and 6' high (because it's on a 2' stand). 6 to 9 chickens is a reasonable number for this coop size. We also make this in a 4'x4' design for those with less than 6 birds..
- As pictured, a 2' tall PT stand is used to bring it up to a more comfortable height for you. A second ladder is added so the flock can enter a run or free range.
Additional Features of the Tractor
- We will also fence in this stand and add in an access door for you.
- A Drop hatch in the floor with a ladder for the flock to enter it.
- Finally, it can be mounted on two no-flat wheels with handles added on to make it a full chicken tractor!
Local Delivery is also available for $50 and a rate of $1.75/mile from 06415.
You can purchase it on our site and then pay delivery charges later. As well we will accept a deposit of half the cost to get started, with full payment upon completion of the coop. Feel free to contact us to arrange a deposit.
It tends to take us between a week to a month to build each order. Winter snows can delay completion until it melts.