Note: most of these are sold locally and are picked up by appointment. However, we now can ship these to the lower 48 states!
Our wildlife houses are constructed with care and an attention to details from locally sourced 1" rough-cut pine. We pre-drill and use exterior screws to create secure structures that will take a beating in the harsh New England winds. They are built with both functionality for the owner and the specific needs of the animal.
We believe our houses should be inviting to the birds and help protect them from the elements and predators. We let our houses weather with time, like the trees around them. We don't use chemically treated woods products unless requested by the customer.
We know you'll want to check in on the birds before, during, and after they have used the nest box. We make sure each box is easy to open, inspect and clean.
- Constructed with 1" rough cut pine and exterior screws
- Unfinished surface meant to naturally weather grey. The owner may paint or stain the house's exterior a natural color or to match a building.
- Roughly 6" tall, 6" wide, and 6"deep
- Underside of the roof has a kerf cut to help rain drip off the edge rather than into the house.
- Roof overhangs beyond the entrance to reduce the likelihood of water chilling the chicks.
- Mounting holes are predrilled and screws are included for mounting against a building/post.
- The floor is recessed 1/2" upward. As rain travels down the outside of the walls, it doesn't collect under the floor.
- To clean out the box, simply unscrew it from the surface and tip it upside-down.
Location and Installation Guidelines
- Place the box in a protected area like under the eaves of a porch, barn, shed, or house. Hanging it in a tree at the edge of a yard works well. Although, wrens are easy to attract and will nest almost anywhere.
- Height: 5'-10'
- Mounting: This box is designed to screw directly into the side of a building or wooden fencepost. You may also hang it from a branch or other object.
- Nesting materials: none needed
How do I get my order?
We'd be happy for you to visit the farm to pick up your bird house order. After you order, we'll contact you to schedule a visit.
At this time, we like the personal contact with each customer. We can answer questions about placement and installation. As well, many of these (especially orders of several houses) are too heavy to ship.
However, if you want a shipping quote or you are in CT, MA, or RI we can deliver larger orders for a fee of $40, and possibly free depending on the size of your order. Please contact us with any questions.