Private Event Only - Extend Your Growing Season: Mastering Fall, Winter, and Spring Crops - 90 min
This workshop is only being offered for private events locally or via Zoom. If you'd like to schedule a group lesson, please contact us.
What will I learn in the Workshop?
Get ready to extend your growing season like a pro! Join our master gardener, Mark, in this hands-on workshop where you'll learn the ins and outs of cultivating crops in the fall, winter, and spring. Not only will you learn about the life cycle and needs of cold-hardy veggies and herbs, but you'll also discover the benefits of using row covers, cold frames, and other season-extending techniques.
You'll learn how to master the art of succession planting, so you can have a constant supply of fresh produce all year long. Plus, you'll discover the secrets to harvesting greens in freezing weather and leaving root crops in the garden when the ground is frozen. And when winter is finally over, you'll know exactly when to plant the earliest crops for a bountiful spring harvest.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to time your plantings, crop protections, and harvesting veggies and herbs all year long
- The types of cold-hardy veggies and herbs that thrive in freezing and sub-freezing temperatures
- The best practices for summer planting for fall harvest, fall planting for winter and spring harvest, and winter planting for spring harvest
- The art of succession planting and when to start and end planting
- The best easy, moderate, and advanced crops to grow in the fall and winter
- How and when to harvest greens in freezing weather
- How to leave root crops in the garden when the ground is frozen
- The earliest crops to plant outdoors and when to plant them for early spring veggies
Don't let the colder seasons stop you from gardening. Sign up now and let Mark show you how to turn your garden into a year-round food factory!
There are 10-14 seats available for each in-person workshop.