Sprout Your Success: A Beginner's Guide to Seed Starting - 90 min
What will I learn in the Workshop?
Get ready to take the first step towards a successful gardening journey with our Seed Starting Success class. Our expert instructor, Mark, will guide you through the basics of starting your own seeds, including:
- The pros and cons of different seeds to start, with a focus on early/cold weather crops.
- The best time to sow seeds indoors and the conditions needed to have them ready to plant outdoors.
- The life cycle of a seed, from dormant to harvest.
- Tips for storing and testing seed viability.
- The structure of seeds and the diverse conditions they need for success.
- DIY methods for creating your own potting soils and understanding store-bought options.
- The best types of pots and trays to use. How to make soil blocks and why they are superior to plastic pots.
- Setting up an indoor grow light system.
- Potting up plants and when to give up and start over.
- Using cold frames, row covers, frost blankets, and cloches to harden off plants and protect them from the elements.
After the class, Mark will email you additional resources and information to continue your learning, including links to economical but high-quality products. You'll also receive any handouts or presentations from the class and have the opportunity to ask Mark follow-up questions. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to start your own seeds and bring your garden to life!
In-Person DATES, TIMES & LOCATION
Zoom DATES & TIMES
Zoom - Saturday March 11th 2023 @11AM,
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Is this class available On-Demand?
Yes! Our Seed Starting Success and Early Crops class is also available for you to enjoy at your own pace, with our On-Demand option. Imagine having a green thumb mentor by your side, guiding you through the ins and outs of seed starting and growing early crops, whenever and wherever you want. With our pre-recorded class, you'll have access to the same expert advice and knowledge as our in-person attendees, all at the convenience of your own schedule. So, don't wait for the next planting season, add this class to your cart today and start your gardening journey now!
OTHER NOTES ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS
There are 10-14 seats available for each in-person workshop.
Payment is required at the time of reservation and seats are limited. Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds but we can offer alternative dates, apply your tuition towards a product, or provide an on-demand recording of the class if it's available On-Demand.