ONLINE Class! - Beginner Beekeeping - 2 Hour Intensive Online Workshop
NEW! - We are now offering this class as an online class only due to Covid-19. This is exciting because now you can watch the class from home, type in your questions and still get to see and hear everything Mark would normally teach. This also means people from around the world can join in too!
Pay through our website and we will email you a link to join the class. If you miss the class, it will be recorded and you can watch it at any time, or rewatch it plus you'll get links to any presentation materials, handout and follow up resources!
What will I learn in the Beginning Beekeeping Workshop?
We are a farm that promotes sustainability, organic agriculture, and treatment free beekeeping. All our workshops are skewed towards those who are interested in these practices as well.
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, Mark will email you more information to get you going .These will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality & a list of sources to buy bees. You can also reply back with questions and Mark will try his best to be your remote beekeeping mentor and point you in the right direction.
In this class you'll learn about...
- Three types of hives, their pros/cons/basic management: Langstroth, Top Bar, and Warre
- Lifecycle, instincts, and basic needs of the hive
- What to expect within the first year
- Basic tools and equipment we recommend
- Real costs involved
- Real time involved
- How to source & install your first bees
- Books recommendations for further learning
- No live bees are part of the workshop but you'll have the opportunity to handle real honey comb, see queen cells/brood/honey/pollen to help you get an idea of what you'll look for during your inspections.