Folding Comb Stand & Top Bar Holder
Note: most of these are sold locally and are picked up by appointment. However, we now can ship these to the lower 48 states!
This is a handy tool to have for inspections. If you are on you're own when opening your hive, you're going to want one of these. There are times when you need an extra pair of hands to hold the bar while you inspect the hive.
- The base is 8" x 19" so it can either rest steadily on top of the bars, on the grass, or even right in the hive next to the other 19" top bars.
- Holds up to three bars with sturdy 9 gauge wire.
- Folds flat to fit under to roof of your hive (2" thick)
- Take your time and take hands-free, up-close, & detailed pics of your bees at work to share online.
- Take pictures of potential problems on either side of the comb to share with local club member and/or your state inspector.
- You can put a follower on the windward side as a wind break while you inspect a comb. This way you are less likely to chill the brood.