Extend Your Growing Season (Even into the Winter!) - Intensive Online Class
NEW in 2022!
Our classes are on sale from $45 per class, now just $29.99!
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class IS available on-demand! You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials!
What will I learn in the Workshop?
We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, Mark will email you more information to get you going and continue your learning.
These materials will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality. If there was a presentation or handout for the class, you'll also receive those. You can also reply back with questions and Mark will try his best to be your remote learning mentor and point you in the right direction.
This is a pretty unique workshop! It seems no one has classes on the topic of season extension for home gardeners. There are a lot of resources on line, however, local timing within the seasons is everything. We will share with you our method of timing our plantings, crop protections, and harvesting veggies and herbs ALL YEAR LONG!
- Winter is coming - This workshop is primarily focused on the cool, cold, and freezing seasons of Fall, Winter, and Spring; helping you extend the growing season just past your comfort zone.
- Cold-Hardy Veggies - knowing the types of veggies & herbs that do well in freezing and sub-freezing temperatures
- Summer planting for Fall harvest, Fall planting for Winter and Spring harvest, Winter planting for Spring harvest
- Succession Planting - knowing that you should plant a crop multiple times and when you should start and end planting
- Protecting your plants as they grow - using row covers, cold frames, home-made greenhouses, hot beds, cloches, poly-tunnels and more.
- Easy, moderate, and advanced crops to grow into fall & winter
- How & when to harvest greens in freezing weather.
- How to leave root crops in the garden when the ground is frozen
- Coming out of winter - The earliest crops to plant outdoors & when to plant them so you have early spring veggies