Get Your Grove On! Growing Front Yard Fruit Trees, Grape Vines, & Berries - 90 min Intensive Workshop
SELECT THE DATE YOU WISH TO ATTEND, SELECT THE QUANTITY, ADD IT TO YOUR CART, & CHECKOUT TO RESERVE YOUR SEATS.
What will I learn in the workshop?
This is a pretty unique workshop! It seems no-one has classes on the topic of creating your own home orchard. It can be overwhelming with choices. However, establishing your orchard this year and over the next 5+ years will spread the work load out and help you to become an expert in fruits, nuts, berries and vines.
This is designed to be a hands-on workshop. You'll get to pick up tools and materials, ask questions, and see the entire process. We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
- Participate in a walk-through of our 1 acre front-yard orchard. It is one model of a food forrest. There are about 40 fruit and nut trees that establish the upper canopy, while under and between the trees are plated 10+ grapes vines, 12+ varieties of berries, rhubarb, asparagus, herbs, flowers, and veggies.
- Design considerations for 1/4 to 1 to 5+ acres
- Plan harvests according to your availability. Some like to harvest at certain times of the year or maximize time by coordinating fruiting all at one time or have a continuous harvest throughout spring, summer, and fall.
- Selection of varieties that fit your scale, tastes, use in the kitchen, etc
- Where you can go to get quality plants. We've worked with dozens of nurseries around the country and have found some that have excellent products, prices, and will replace dead plants (even if it was your fault).
- Revise your design & add layers under your trees to add berries and vines
- How to prepare and plant your trees, vines, and berries so they survive during the first hot summer and freezing winter.
- Learn how the basics of pruning & training trees, canes, and vines.
- You will leave with ideas to plant this year for the first time or ideas to add onto your existing landscape/orchard/garden
DATES & TIMES
Saturday - August 11th 2018 - 1:00PM to 2:30PM - Get Your Grove On! Growing Front Yard Fruit Trees, Grape Vines, & Berries,
Sunday - March 3rd 2019 - 12:00PM to 1:30PM - Get Your Grove On! Growing Front Yard Fruit Trees, Grape Vines, & Berries,
Saturday - August 10th 2019 - 1:00PM to 2:30PM - Get Your Grove On! Growing Front Yard Fruit Trees, Grape Vines, & Berries,
OTHER NOTES ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS
We ask that you pay for each person attending and pay in full at the time of reservation/purchase.
There are 16-20 seats available for each workshop.
If the date you'd like to attend is full or the dates don't work, you may contact us to see if we can schedule another date for you. If you are part of group of friends who would like to have a private lesson, contact us. We may be able to come to your location.
Because you are paying for a seat at the class, we hope you understand that we only refund your purchase if a class is canceled by us. If the class is postponed to another day, or the time of day is changed, we will do our best to let you know in advance. If for some reason you cannot attend, let us know, we will not refund your money, but we may be able to offer you an alternative date, apply your tuition toward a product we make, or help you in another way. We are reasonable people and expect that reasonable people are attending these classes. Do not purchase from us if you are an unreasonable person.