2018 How to Grow Shiitake & Oyster Mushrooms at Home - 2 Hour Intensive Workshop
We ask that you pay for each person attending and pay in full at the time of purchase.
There are 16-20 seats available for each workshop.
Select the date you wish to attend, select the quantity, and add it to your cart.
If the date you'd like to attend is full or the dates don't work, you may contact us to see if we can schedule another date for you. If you are part of group of friends who would like to have a private lesson, contact us. We can be flexible, just ask!
Dates & Times
Saturday - January 27th 2018 10AM to 12PM - Intro to Growing Mushrooms on Logs SOLD OUT!
Saturday - February 10th 2018 1AM to 3PM - Intro to Growing Mushrooms on Logs Almost SOLD OUT! - 1 seat left
Saturday - April 14th 2018 - 10AM -12PM - Intro to Growing Mushrooms on Logs - Almost SOLD OUT! - 4 seats left
Saturday - May 12th 2018 - 10AM -12PM - Intro to Growing Mushrooms on Logs
Saturday - June 9th 2018 - 1PM to 3PM - Intro to Growing Mushrooms on Logs
Saturday - July 7th 2018 - 1PM to 3PM - Intro to Growing Mushrooms on Logs
What will I learn in the Workshop?
This is designed to be a hands-on workshop. You'll get to pick up tools and materials, ask questions, and see the entire process. You will also either receive a shiitake mushroom log, or help inoculate your own ($20-30 value). If we have fresh logs and spawn available, you can watch us inoculate a log for you and/or inoculate your own log. No matter what, you'll learn...
- The primary species we'll discuss are Shiitake & Oyster, however, if the class wants to discuss other species, we can.
- The life cycle and needs of fungi
- The types of wood to use, how to age it, and when it's aged too much
- How to get spawn (fungi to inoculate your log with)
- Low cost tools and materials you'll need for less than 5-100 logs
- Advanced tools for producing 100's-1000's of logs
- Safety procedures you need to follow
- How to take care of your logs for the 1st year in Southern New England
- How to take care of the logs for the following years
- How to set up a simple "assembly line" and work with friends and family to inoculate dozens of logs for less than $200.
Other Notes About Our Workshops
Because you are paying for a seat at the class, we hope you understand that we only refund your purchase if a class is canceled by us. If the class is postponed to another day, or the time of day is changed, we will do our best to let you know in advance. If for some reason you cannot attend, let us know, we will not refund your money, but we may be able to offer you an alternative date, apply your tuition toward a mushroom purchase, or help you in another way. We are reasonable people and expect that reasonable people are attending these classes. Do not purchase from us if you are an unreasonable person.