Organic Fertilizers & Composting Made Easy! Piles, Worm Bins, & Teas - Intensive Online Class
NEW in 2021!
Our classes are on sale from $45+ per class, now just $29.99!
There are 2 ways to enjoy our classes...
You can register through Zoom to join the class live & have access to the recording(s) & materials after class. Just click on the registration link and register/checkout in Zoom.
You can purchase the pre-recorded class and watch it on-demand. This is the most flexible option. If you want this, add it to cart, check out and we will email you all of the materials and video(s) for the class!
How do I register for this class?
When: Jul 24, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Organic Fertilizers & Composting Made Easy! Piles, Worm Bins, & Teas - Intensive Online Class
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class IS available on-demand. You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials!
What will I learn in the Workshop?
We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, Mark will email you more information to get you going and continue your learning. These materials will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality. If there was a presentation or handout for the class, you'll also receive those. You can also reply back with questions and Mark will try his best to be your remote learning mentor and point you in the right direction.
- The Do's and Don't's of Composting - what can/can't be composted
- Several ways to set up a compost system - from simple low/no cost to store bought systems. Also which systems to avoid.
- How to maintain a compost system over time to create "black gold" - your very own organic fertilizer and soil conditioner
- Methods to brew compost tea and how to apply it to your plants as a fertilizer and disease barrier
- How to avoid a mess in the home - no fruit flies, no odors, etc.
- How to add manures and yard waste to your compost
- How to compost bulk materials like leaves, grass, and wood chips
- How to make and maintain a worm bin to compost indoors all year-long
- How to get the right worms & how many you'll need - free, local, or mail order
- A discussion of other store-bought organic fertilizers and how to use them best - sea weed emulsion, fish emulsion, mycorrhizal fungi, etc