Organic Fertilizers & Composting Made Easy! Piles, Worm Bins, & Teas - 90 min Intensive Workshop
SELECT THE DATE YOU WISH TO ATTEND, SELECT THE QUANTITY, ADD IT TO YOUR CART, & CHECKOUT TO RESERVE YOUR SEATS.
What will I learn in the workshop?
This is designed to be a hands-on workshop. You'll get to pick up tools and materials, ask questions, and see the entire process. We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
- The Do's and Don't's of Composting - what can/can't be composted
- Several ways to set up a compost system - from simple low/no cost to store bought systems. Also which systems to avoid.
- How to maintain a compost system over time to create "black gold" - your very own organic fertilizer and soil conditioner
- Methods to brew compost tea and how to apply it to your plants as a fertilizer and disease barrier
- How to avoid a mess in the home - no fruit flies, no odors, etc.
- How to add manures and yard waste to your compost
- How to compost bulk materials like leaves, grass, and wood chips
- How to make and maintain a worm bin to compost indoors all year-long
- How to get the right worms & how many you'll need - free, local, or mail order
- A discussion of other store-bought organic fertilizers and how to use them best - sea weed emulsion, fish emulsion, mycorrhizal fungi, etc
DATES & TIMES
Saturday - August 11th 2018 - 11:00AM to 12:30PM - Organic Fertilizers & Composting Made Easy! Piles Worm Bins & Teas,
Saturday - June 8th 2019 - 11:00AM to 12:30PM - Organic Fertilizers & Composting Made Easy! Piles Worm Bins & Teas,
Saturday - August 10th 2019 - 11:00AM to 12:30PM - Organic Fertilizers & Composting Made Easy! Piles Worm Bins & Teas,
OTHER NOTES ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS
We ask that you pay for each person attending and pay in full at the time of reservation/purchase.
There are 16-20 seats available for each workshop.
If the date you'd like to attend is full or the dates don't work, you may contact us to see if we can schedule another date for you. If you are part of group of friends who would like to have a private lesson, contact us. We may be able to come to your location.
Because you are paying for a seat at the class, we hope you understand that we only refund your purchase if a class is canceled by us. If the class is postponed to another day, or the time of day is changed, we will do our best to let you know in advance. If for some reason you cannot attend, let us know, we will not refund your money, but we may be able to offer you an alternative date, apply your tuition toward a product we make, or help you in another way. We are reasonable people and expect that reasonable people are attending these classes. Do not purchase from us if you are an unreasonable person.