Private Event Only - The Art of Composting: From Piles to Teas - 90 min
This workshop is only being offered for private events locally or via Zoom. If you'd like to schedule a group lesson, please contact us.
What will I learn in the Workshop?
Are you ready to take your gardening game to the next level? Join our master gardener, Mark Gostkiewicz, in this comprehensive and exciting workshop on organic fertilizers and composting! Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out, this class has something for everyone.
In this class, you'll learn:
- The basics of composting and how to set up a system that works for you, from simple low/no cost options to store-bought systems (and which systems to avoid)
- How to maintain your compost system over time to create nutrient-rich "black gold" for your plants
- Techniques for brewing compost tea and using it as a fertilizer and disease barrier for your plants
- How to avoid common issues like fruit flies and odors in your compost system
- Tips for adding manures, yard waste, and bulk materials like leaves, grass, and wood chips to your compost
- How to set up and maintain a worm bin for indoor composting all year long
- A discussion of other store-bought organic fertilizers and how to use them best, including sea weed emulsion, fish emulsion, and mycorrhizal fungi
With our expert guidance, you'll be able to create your own organic fertilizer and soil conditioner in no time. Plus, you'll receive a list of notes and recommended resources to continue your learning. Don't miss out on this fun and rewarding adventure - sign up now and start turning your waste into treasure!