Private Event Only - Master the Art of Preserving Your Harvest: Pickling, Canning, Freezing & Drying Techniques - 90 Min
This workshop is only being offered for private events locally or via Zoom. If you'd like to schedule a group lesson, please contact us.
What will I learn in the Workshop?
Preserve the taste of the season all year round with our "Preserving the Harvest" workshop! Get ready to say goodbye to wasted produce and hello to a pantry full of delicious, homemade preserves! In this class, we'll teach you the ins and outs of pickling, canning, freezing, and drying so you can turn your bountiful harvest into long-lasting, flavorful treats. From cucumbers to tomatoes, and herbs to fruits, we'll show you how to keep your harvest fresh and delicious.
In this hands-on workshop, we'll cover:
- Pros and cons of each preservation method
- Variety of veggies, fruits, and herbs that are commonly grown at home and found at local farm stands & farmers markets
- Demonstrations on how to naturally make pickles, sauerkraut, or kimchi
- Standards of cleanliness and equipment necessary for each method
- Quick methods for those short on time
- When and where to pick and buy produce
- Techniques for preserving texture and taste
- Hanging to dry in open air, building a solar dehydrator, and using a store-bought food dehydrator
- Take-away recipes and links to resources
Don't let your hard work go to waste, reserve your spot now and join us in this class to give you the confidence and skills you need to enjoy your harvest all year round.