Seed Starting Success & Early Crops! - Intensive Online class
NEW in 2021!
Our classes are on sale from $45+ per class, now just $29.99!
There are 2 ways to enjoy our classes...
You can register through Zoom to join the class live & have access to the recording(s) & materials after class. Just click on the registration link and register/checkout in Zoom.
You can purchase the pre-recorded class and watch it on-demand. This is the most flexible option. If you want this, add it to cart, check out and we will email you all of the materials and video(s) for the class!
How do I register for this class?
When: Feb 5, 2022 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Seed Starting Success & Early Crops
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class IS available on-demand. You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials!
What will I learn in the Workshop?
We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, Mark will email you more information to get you going and continue your learning.
These materials will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality. If there was a presentation or handout for the class, you'll also receive those. You can also reply back with questions and Mark will try his best to be your remote learning mentor and point you in the right direction.
- We will discuss a variety of easy and advanced veggie, herb, and flower seeds to start. - Certainly a focus on early/cold weather crops, but if you have questions about others, just ask.
- We will discuss possible times to sow seeds indoors and the conditions you'll need to create to have them ready to plant outdoors.
- The life cycle from dormant seed through harvest.
- Storing seeds and testing seed viability.
- The structure of seeds and their diverse conditions for success.
- How to make your own potting soils (possible ingredients and what they do).
- What to look for in store bought potting mixes.
- Types of pots/trays to use.
- How to make soil blocks and why they are better than plastic pots.
- How to set up an indoor grow light system.
- How and when to pot-up a plant.
- When to give up on a plant and start over.
- How to make & use cold frames, row covers, frost blankets, and cloches to harden off plants and protect them from the elements (a core concept in 4 season gardening).