Limited Offering Master Class - Soil Blocks - How to create & manage seedlings & cuttings in soil blocks
What is a Master Class?
A master class is a premium class limited to a small number of students (1-4). We'll sit around a table, walk the property, and do a project or two together. There will be handouts and a set of links for further learning. You'll also be able to take your project home. We'll provide you with take-home materials and/or tools to cary on your learning and master the skill on your own. This is designed to offer a more intimate experience where we don't rush through the topics. You'll be able to ask those detailed questions and really get into the weeds. Most importantly, it's a commitment to your success: Over the months that follow, we will stay in contact after the class, and if needed, you'll be invited to return to the farm to review the lessons and/or follow up with your questions.
What will I learn in the Master Class?
You'll learn the many advantages to using soil blocks to start seedlings at home or on the farm. You press out blocks of soil to start your seedlings in, rather than using plastic cells/inserts. You'll learn about and be able to ask your questions about...
- Wether you're a home gardener, a market gardener, or even a Master Gardener, we'll tailer the class to your needs with a pre-class interview.
- How to make your own soil mix to create firm and fertile blocks
- The techniques and tricks and tools used to press out beautifully uniform blocks
- Types of trays and how to make them or buy plastic trays
- Best practices for starting a wide variety of seeds - dibble/hole size, covering, watering, indoor heating/lighting, cold frame/greenhouse management, and timing
- Using transplants to succession plant for a more continual harvest - mastering the planning, germination and timing for planting.
- Using soil blocks to start veggie gardens, annual/perennial/ flowers, cut flower gardens, pollinator gardens, vertical gardens, and even market gardens.
- Learn how you can use them in a no-till garden system or use them in 100's of feet of precision planted/cultivated market beds/rows.
- How to take green cuttings of herbs and perennial flowers - using soil blocks and rooting hormone to propagate new plants.
- You'll get to take home several trays of seedlings, empty trays, a jar of rooting hormone, some cuttings of herbs and/or flowers from our farm, handouts, recipes, tables & links, a soil mixing tray, and a soil blocking tool!
- You'll be given priority to the teacher after the class. In the months that follow, as you practice, you can ask your questions and Mark will do his best to get back to you ASAP. If needed he'll research and report back to you and/or invite you back to the farm for further lessons.
DATES & TIMES
OTHER NOTES ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS
We ask that you pay for each person attending and pay in full at the time of reservation/purchase.
There are 1 - 4 seats available for each master class.
If the date you'd like to attend is full or the dates don't work, you may contact us to see if we can schedule another date for you. If you are part of group of friends who would like to have a private lesson, contact us. We may be able to come to your location.
Because you are paying for a seat at the class, we hope you understand that we only refund your purchase if a class is canceled by us. If the class is postponed to another day, or the time of day is changed, we will do our best to let you know in advance. If for some reason you cannot attend, let us know, we will not refund your money, but we may be able to offer you an alternative date, apply your tuition toward a product we make, or help you in another way. We are reasonable people and expect that reasonable people are attending these classes. Do not purchase from us if you are an unreasonable person.