Soil Blocks: How to create & manage seedlings & cuttings in soil blocks - Intensive Online Class
NEW in 2021!
Our classes are on sale from $45+ per class, now just $29.99!
There are 2 ways to enjoy our classes...
You can register through Zoom to join the class live & have access to the recording(s) & materials after class. Just click on the registration link and register/checkout in Zoom.
You can purchase the pre-recorded class and watch it on-demand. This is the most flexible option. If you want this, add it to cart, check out and we will email you all of the materials and video(s) for the class!
How do I register for this class?
When: Jul 24, 2021 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Soil Blocks: How to create & manage seedlings & cuttings in soil blocks - Intensive Online Class
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
How do I watch this class on-demand?
This class IS available on-demand. You do NOT need to watch it live on Zoom or register. Instead, just add this to your cart, check out, & we will email you all of the video(s) & materials!
What will I learn in the Workshop?
We are dedicated to sustainable organic practices. We could add this in the title of each class, but its easier to just say all of our classes ONLY teach organic practices.
During this Zoom Webinar/Class, you will be able to type questions and chat with other participants while Mark presents. If needed, you can "raise your hand" and Mark can allow you to talk to the class and ask a clarifying question that can help to deepen everyone's learning.
Following the class, Mark will email you more information to get you going and continue your learning. These materials will include links to products that are both economical but of good quality. If there was a presentation or handout for the class, you'll also receive those. You can also reply back with questions and Mark will try his best to be your remote learning mentor and point you in the right direction.
What will I learn in the Master Class?
You'll learn the many advantages to using soil blocks to start seedlings at home or on the farm. You press out blocks of soil to start your seedlings in, rather than using plastic cells/inserts. You'll learn about and be able to ask your questions about...
- Wether you're a home gardener, a market gardener, or even a Master Gardener, we'll tailer the class to your needs with a pre-class interview.
- How to make your own soil mix to create firm and fertile blocks
- The techniques and tricks and tools used to press out beautifully uniform blocks
- Types of trays and how to make them or buy plastic trays
- Best practices for starting a wide variety of seeds - dibble/hole size, covering, watering, indoor heating/lighting, cold frame/greenhouse management, and timing
- Using transplants to succession plant for a more continual harvest - mastering the planning, germination and timing for planting.
- Using soil blocks to start veggie gardens, annual/perennial/ flowers, cut flower gardens, pollinator gardens, vertical gardens, and even market gardens.
- Learn how you can use them in a no-till garden system or use them in 100's of feet of precision planted/cultivated market beds/rows.
- How to take green cuttings of herbs and perennial flowers - using soil blocks and rooting hormone to propagate new plants.
- You'll get to take home several trays of seedlings, empty trays, a jar of rooting hormone, some cuttings of herbs and/or flowers from our farm, handouts, recipes, tables & links, a soil mixing tray, and a soil blocking tool!
- You'll be given priority to the teacher after the class. In the months that follow, as you practice, you can ask your questions and Mark will do his best to get back to you ASAP. If needed he'll research and report back to you and/or invite you back to the farm for further lessons.