The Cape Chicken Coop or Tractor
NEW DESIGN 2019! - Last year a customer challenged us by asking for a coop with a lot of the features we offered, but with a different roof line and an really cool side clean-out door. The roof line creates a bit more interior volume, while also creating two separate large nesting areas. The access door puts the eggs, feed, and water all in your reach, while the side clean-out door allows you to either rake out the coop into a wheel barrow, or directly into a compost pile off to the side!
We made a sturdy, secure, and easy to maintain building that can be customized to your needs. You may purchase just the coop on blocks, coop on a stand, coop on a fenced in run with an access door, or for ultimate portability and happiness of you flock you can make the whole structure into a portable chicken tractor on wheels.
- Nesting areas, roosts, and ladders
- Large door swings out of the way so you can fully clean the floor of the coop, add bedding and change food & water in the coop. It also gives you access to the nesting shelves to collect eggs.
- Hooks for feeder and waterer are under the nesting areas. This keeps them off the floor of the coop and free of droppings as they roost above.
- One ladder leads birds up into the nesting/roost area. Another ladder is used to help the birds in and out of the coop.
- It comes standard with an open scuttle hole; however a door can be in its place. We recommend an open scuttle since it allows cool fresh air in.
- It is about 4' wide, 6' long and 4' high (plus the 2' height of the stand).
- 6-9 chickens is a reasonable number for this sized coop.
- You would place this at your home and either free range your flock or build them a fenced in run.
- We build it on a 2' tall PT stand to bring it up to a more comfortable height for you.
Features of a Tractor
- We will fence in this stand and add in an access door for you
- A drop-down hatch in the floor with a ladder for the flock to enter it
- Finally, it will be mounted on two wheels with handles added on to make it a chicken tractor.
Local Delivery is also available for $50 and a rate of $1.75/mile from 06415.
You can purchase it on our site and then pay delivery charges later. As well we will accept a deposit of half the cost to get started, with full payment upon completion of the coop. Feel free to contact us to arrange a deposit.
It tends to take us between a week to a month to build each order. Winter snows can delay completion until it melts.